Sorority sponsors spooky Run Like Hell event for charity

The Run Like Hell Costume 5K will take place Sunday to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Break out the spooky costumes and jogging gear; Pi Beta Phi is cosponsoring Sunday’s Run Like Hell Costume 5K benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

The registration cost is $30 and all proceeds raised by the race will go to the foundation.

Check-in for the 5K will last from 3:30 p.m. to 4:10 p.m. on Sunday at Ohio University’s Tail-Great Park, which is also where the race will begin and end. The race will start at 4:15 p.m..

Andrea Nelson, Pi Beta Phi’s president, expressed the sorority’s excitement for helping with the event.

“Pi Beta Phi has been working to help promote and volunteer for the event on campus in order to get more people involved,” Nelson said. “We hope that each year this event will get bigger and continue to raise more awareness and money for cystic fibrosis.”

An event organizer and alumni member of the sorority encouraged the women to volunteer.

“Kathy Straley, who is a Pi Beta Phi (alumna) from Denison, reached out to Ohio Alpha about the event” Nelson said.

Following the 5K’s conclusion, there will be an after party at Casa Nueva Restaurant from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. featuring musical acts Liz Pahl and Broken Ring.

Along with Pi Beta Phi, several other organizations are sponsoring the event as well, such as Casa Nueva Restaurant, Rocky Gear, A Dental Depot, Avalanche Pizza and Fluff Bakery.

Last year’s event brought in $4,000 for cystic fibrosis research, according to Ohio.edu.

“We hope to see you there,” Nelson said.

lf491413@ohio.edu

@LukeFurmanOU