Male wanted for sexual imposition on campus

OUPD issues second crime alert relating to the crime in 24 hours.

A female student reported a case of sexual imposition to police after she was inappropriately touched Thursday, leading the Ohio University Police Department to issue its second crime alert in less than 24 hours.

The alert, labeled as “wanted for sexual imposition,” was released Friday following an incident that took place on Tuesday afternoon.

The student who made the report, just a few hours after the first OUPD crime alert related to sexual imposition was circulated, said she was walking north on the sidewalk between South Green Drive and North McKinley Avenue when a white man ran up behind her and touched her buttocks. The woman turned around and saw the man running away from the area, according to the crime alert.

The crime alert described the male as “approximately 6 feet tall, medium to athletic build, medium to light brown hair, and wearing a grey hoodie.”

The first alert, issued Thursday afternoon by OUPD, was released after a female OU student said she was approached by three men that grabbed her arm and touched her breast and buttocks while walking down Jeff Hill early Thursday morning.

All three men followed her back to her East Green dorm room, according to the report. The man who made contact with the woman is wanted for fourth-degree felony sexual imposition, and has been described as 5'8" tall, with short brown spiked hair.

All three men were white and of medium build, according to the report. 

OUPD is investigating both cases.