FACES Modeling

FACES Modeling to perform with its ‘Rewired’ show

FACES holds Baker Theater fashion show for Sibs Weekend. Admission is $4 at the door, $3 pre-sale.

FACES Modeling will host its 31st Annual Fashion Show during Sibs Weekend with an elaborate storyline that will top its past runway events.

“The stakes are high,” said Megan Carter, president of FACES and a senior studying fashion merchandising. “We wanted it to be more of a production than just a fashion show.”

FACES Modeling Club is a diverse 30-member organization that promotes self-empowerment and confidence for students on campus through fashion shoots and modeling. The group was established at Ohio University in 1984.

This fashion show is part of an annual tradition for Sibs Weekend.

“A lot of people come back for the show,” Carter said. “Sibs Weekend –– especially in the African American community –– is very big. A lot of old heads come back and new people come in. It’s one of those events where you don’t want to miss and there’s such a tradition to it.”

The morale from FACES is high for the show this weekend, said Cierra Boyd, the vice president of FACES and a senior studying retail merchandising and fashion product development.

“It’s our main event of the school year,” Boyd said. “There’s a reason people come back for it, and we have to up the game every year.”

Instead of individual scenes for the fashion show, FACES intends to tell a cohesive story throughout the looks for a better audience experience, dubbed “FACES Rewired.”

“The theme of our show is about evolution as far as evolving from childhood to adulthood,” Carter said. “Although we’re all adults and in the childhood stage the outfits might be a little too sexy, we just wanted to show more of a youth to adulthood story regarding technique and modeling.”

The 30 models will incorporate their own clothes into the looks they’ll be showcasing on the runway.

“I didn’t have to buy anything in particular for the show, except for like one thing that looked good with this futuristic (theme) we have,” said Joelle Hopkins, a freshman studying applied nutrition. “Other than that, my outfits were all pulled from my closet.”

Hopkins said between the dancing and walking components in the show, it was voluntary how much work each member wanted to put into the production.

“I really feel like this is going to be a great show, if not one of the best,” Carter said. “I’m really confident in (the organization) and how much time they’ve put in. I’m happy we’ve had the opportunity to be more creative than in years past.”

Every year FACES donates a portion of its proceeds to a charity. This year’s will go toward cancer treatment at O’Bleness Hospital.

@mini_fezz

Mf736213@ogio.edu