The main building of The Ridges sits on the campus of Ohio University on Saturday, January 10, 2015. Plans are currently being discussed to renovate The Ridges overall. 

‘The Post’ really wants Leonardo DiCaprio to come to Athens

The Post wants to see Leo on set at The Ridges. 

What will it take for Leonardo DiCaprio to win an Oscar?

He’s played a delectable heartthrob teen in Titanic, an infamous Ponzi-schemer in The Wolf of Wall Street and an evil plantation owner in Django Unchained. Yet DiCaprio has been nominated for an Oscar four times and won none of them.

Now, he’ll play a role(s) that many Athenians are quite familiar with, and it could be the one that gets him over the Oscar-nominated hump into the winner's category.

DiCaprio will play Billy Milligan, the first man to successfully use multiple personality disorder as a defense for a violent crime, in the upcoming film The Crowded Room. Milligan was a patient at the Athens Mental Health Center — currently known as The Ridges — after he used that defense in court. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity for the kidnapping and rape of three women near Ohio State University’s campus during the late 1970s.

Milligan was deemed to have 24 different personalities, and the idea of 24 different Leos being incorporated into one movie might be too much for the Oscar judges to say no to.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="c911e702-c233-11e4-a193-fbfe4a1e402b"}}

We haven’t heard back about whether there will be any scenes filmed at The Ridges. Once we know, you will too.

But if Leo does come to town, we hope he ventures down Court Street.

We expect him to be a C.I. kind of guy, but wouldn’t be surprised if he ventured into The Pub.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post's executive editors: editor-in-chief Jim Ryan, managing editor Sara Jerde, opinion editor Xander Zellner and projects editor Allan Smith. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.