An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

Week’s police reports include public urination, theft and criminal mischief following High Fest

Some try to flee when they’re caught 

Another weekend of fests means another round of citations to partygoers for intoxication, disorderly conduct and public urination via local law enforcement officers.

But not every person who gets caught in the act is compliant; some try to run.

A male Ohio University student was observed urinating in public Saturday afternoon, the day of High Fest, on the side of a High Street residence, according to a police report.

The man attempted to flee and was apprehended shortly afterward by Ohio University Police Department officers.

That man was cited in connection with disorderly conduct and obstructing official business, as he refused to provide sufficient identification, the report stated.

OUPD officers also responded to a call of an unresponsive woman in Pickering Hall on South Green the same day. 

A 19-year-old woman was found in her room at about 4 p.m., unconscious and unresponsive.  Officers made several attempts to wake the woman but were unable to do so, according to the report.

The woman, who was covered in vomit and smelled of alcohol, was believed to have created a “substantial risk of harm to herself.” She was cited in connection with disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported to OhioHealth O’Bleness Memorial Hospital for treatment.

OUPD was contacted early Saturday regarding residents who had written on walls and had been tearing down papers on the first and third floors of Pickering Hall.

A man and woman were charged with criminal mischief following an investigation, according to the report.

Additionally, OUPD received a theft report Thursday from a male OU student regarding a stolen laptop, according the report.

The male said he last used his laptop in Scripps Hall on March 16 some time around 4:30 p.m. The case is under investigation.

Also on Thursday, police were dispatched to The Ridges after receiving a report regarding a group of people trespassing and damaging property behind Building 19, according to the report.

Six male juveniles were transported to OUPD and were later released to their parents.

A report was sent to the Athens County Prosecutor’s Office, the report stated.

OUPD received a report on March 17 from an OU employee at the West Union Street Office Center who had received a letter containing an unknown substance. The substance was believed to be non-hazardous after further investigation by officers, according to the report.

On the Athens Police Department’s end, the department received a report Saturday from a female who stated she was assaulted by a known female while standing on the sidewalk by Pawpurr’s Bar, located at 37 N. Court St.

The female who made the report did not have any visible injuries, according to report. She agreed to sign charges against the other female after the investigation was completed.

@JoshuaLim93

jl951613@ohio.edu