Q&A with former Bobcats outfielder Marc Krauss

The Post talked to former Bobcat and current Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim player Marc Krauss during spring training in Tempe.

The Post spoke with Los Angeles Angels outfielder and former Bobcat Marc Krauss two weeks ago during spring training in Tempe, Arizona.

Krauss, who played for Ohio under coach Joe Carbone in 2007-09, is a member of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim organization.

Krauss was drafted in the second round by the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2009 and has played in 52 major league games.

The Post: You went to OU. Do you follow the team now?

Marc Krauss: Yeah, I follow (the Bobcats). I try to keep up with Twitter and everything — it makes it a little easier to get updates and stuff, so I know they’re doing really well to start off the year. Which is great.

TP: What are your thoughts on Rob Smith?

MK: I’ve talked to him a handful of times, he seems like a great guy. I played for Carbone, so I never met him, never played under him. He seems like he has the program going in the right direction. That’s a good sign. I think he knows the game, obviously they’re doing pretty well this year so hopefully they can continue that.

TP: In general, what’s it like being in the MLB?

MK: It’s pretty awesome. It’s all it’s lived up to be, all it’s cracked up to be. It’s fun on a daily basis just to play in all these stadiums is a dream come true then to play the best players in the world is awesome as well. It’s a lot of fun, I’m enjoying every second I can.

TP: How did playing at Ohio help jumpstart your career in the MLB?

MK: It was awesome. For me, it was a great chance to learn. I was able to play as a freshman, which was huge for my development. Any time you can just play that’s the only way you’re going to learn and get better, so I was able to do that as a freshman and build on that each year. The things I learned there, I still use on a daily base. All my old coaches I still keep in contact. Coach Carbone texts me say and says, “What’s up” or “Good job” or “Keep going”.

TP: I gotta ask, do you have a favorite bar in Athens?

MK: Let’s see, I have a few. (Laughs) We would go to Pawpurrs, we would go to Cats Eye, those were the two we’d go usually. We went to a lot of them.

(Cats Eye) was the quote on quote “the baseball bar” when I was around. I think the owner knew one of our assistant coaches when he was in school so he would hook us up with whatever we wanted, sometimes.

You can’t go wrong anywhere on Court Street.

--

Angels Manager Mike Scioscia — “(Krauss) has done really well. Out of all the guys at camp, I don’t know if anyone’s had more consistent at-bats than Marc. I can’t remember one at-bat where you’d go “Oh, that’s a tough at-bat”. I think he’s very comfortable … he’s done really well.”

@Lukeoroark

lr514812@ohio.edu