Maurice N'Dour of Ohio University goes up for a lay up in the Bobcat's game against Akron on February 4, 2015. 

Ndour participates in NBA pre-draft workout with Utah Jazz

Maurice Ndour, who played as a forward for Ohio, participated in a pre-draft workout with the Utah Jazz.

Former Ohio men's basketball forward Maurice Ndour participated in a pre-draft workout with the Utah Jazz on Wednesday evening in Salt Lake City.

Ndour joined five other seniors during the workouts including D.J. Newbill (Penn State), Rayvonte Rice (Illinois), Trey Ziegler (TCU), Russell Byrd (Master's College) and Denzel Livingston (Incarnate Word), according to ESPN.

"It's very early; he had his first workout. Work outs in the NBA have just begun and most of the team's won't be working players out until later this month or early next," said Ndour's agent Eric Fleisher. "He had a very good first workout. He's preparing for more to come, and so far everything is going as planned."

Each prospect is preparing for the upcoming NBA Draft, which will be held June 25 in New York City. The Jazz finished 38-44 last season in the Western Conference and currently have a 0.7 percent chance of earning the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft.

Utah Jazz Vice President of Personnel Walt Perrin told the Associated Press the team is currently looking at players who "they can keep an eye on," as some of the prospects could play in the NBA developmental league or somewhere else. The Jazz will hold their next workout on Thursday, according to the Deseret News.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="c4818260-cea9-11e4-8b3c-03b17d592d2f"}}

Last year for the Bobcats, Ndour averaged 16 points and 8.3 rebounds per game on 48 percent shooting from the field.

In an interview earlier this year with The Post, Ohio coach Saul Phillips said  professional teams will most likely look at Ndour as a small forward rather than a power forward — the position he played in his two years with Ohio — because of his size and shooting ability.

"It was pretty good. This is my first workout as far as the pro level, so it was pretty good," Ndour said in an interview with UtahJazz.com. "I think we did a great job. It could've gone better, but we did our best."

@Lukeoroark

lr514812@ohio.edu