Maurice Ndour dunks during a game against Toledo earlier this season.

Maurice Ndour commits to New York Knicks summer league team

Former Ohio forward Maurice Ndour has committed to playing with the New York Knicks summer league team in Las Vegas from July 10 to July 20. 

Former Ohio forward Maurice Ndour will play for the New York Knicks summer league team in Las Vegas from July 10 to July 20, according to HustleBelt.com.

In an interview with Ndour’s agent, Eric Fleisher, Fleisher told HustleBelt.com that Ndour fits into the Knicks’ Triangle Offense and the organization’s willingness for Ndour to play overseas next season were two prime reasons he committed to New York.

Ndour supposedly received five other offers from NBA summer league teams, but according to Fleisher, the other teams wanted Ndour to play in the NBA D-League.

Ndour took to Twitter to express his appreciation of Ohio and the men's basketball program.

Fleisher said Ndour is currently contemplating multiple offers from European teams and will spend next season abroad — while maintaining connections with the Knicks.

The Knicks have recently looked overseas for NBA talent. During Thursday's NBA Draft, they selected Kristaps Porzingis, from Latvia, with the fourth overall pick.

Ndour averaged 16 points per game and 8.3 rebounds last season for the Bobcats and was named second team All-MAC.

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu