Former Ohio defensive back Dion Byrum helped change the culture of Ohio football with an 85-yard interception return for a touchdown as Ohio beat Pittsburgh in the 2005 home opener on national television. Ohio has played in four bowl games since, and won its first postseason game since 1968 this Decemeber at the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. (Scott Gardner | Ohio Athletics)

Four former athletes to be inducted into Ohio Athletics Hall of Fame

Ohio athletic greats to be recognized during Homecoming

Four former Bobcats will be inducted into the Ohio Athletics Hall of Fame on Friday, Oct. 9. The four members included in the 2015 class are Briana Adamovsky (volleyball, 2004), Dion Byrum (football, 2006), Joanne Park (swimming, 2000) and Bob Willet (baseball, 1966).

The Ohio department of intercollegiate athletics will hold a ceremony for the former athletes in the Grand Ballroom of Baker at 5 p.m., in conjunction with Ohio’s homecoming celebration.

Adamovsky helped led the Bobcats to back-to-back Mid-American Conference Championships in 2003 and 2004, all while setting the record for career assists in the conference. She was a four-time All-MAC player and was named MVP of the 2004 All-MAC Tournament team.

Byrum, a former NFL player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Carolina Panthers in 2006, set several special teams and defensive records during his tenure at Ohio (2002-06). He recorded the most punt returns and kick returns in a game, season and career. He also holds the record for most interceptions in a season and career and was named second team All-American by the Associated Press and Sports Illustrated in 2005.

Park was named the MAC Swimmer of the Year in 1998 and MAC Senior Swimmer of the Year in 2000. She won 22 MAC Event Championships in her career (1996-00) and holds the MAC Records for most victories by an individual in 1998 and 2000. She still ranks in the top 10 in the 100 butterfly, the 200 and 400 freestyle relays, the 200 individual medley and the 400 medley relay.

Willet was a three-year letterwinner for the Bobcats from 1963 to 1966 and helped Ohio win two MAC Championships in 1964 and 1965. He was named an All-American in his final year (1966) and was named to All-MAC, All-District and All-Region in the same season. He held the single season batting average record from 1960 to 1969 and is sixth all-time with a career batting average of .377 at Ohio. He also led the nation at one point with a .471 batting average. Willet went on to sign with the New York Mets in 1966.

@LukeOroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu