Party goers enjoy Mill Fest and dance to music at a house on the top of Mill Street on March 14, 2015. While OU dropped three places in this year's rankings, it surpassed its rival, Miami University. (FILE PHOTO)

Ohio University's party school ranking drops again, but beats Miami

Ohio University ranks as the nation’s 16th top party school, according to the 2016 Princeton Review.

Ohio University might no longer be the top party school in the country, but Bobcats can celebrate in surpassing their rival, Miami University, in The Princeton Review's latest party school ranking.

OU came in at 16th place in the Review’s top party school list for the 2015-16 year, dropping three spots from last year’s ranking. Miami also dropped in ranking, barely making the list this year, as the 19th top party school.

The Princeton Review previously ranked OU as the top party school in 2011 and third in 2012.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="087a909c-398f-11e5-9581-3f30e24177a8"}}

This year’s top party school in the country is the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Penn State University, the University of Iowa and the University of Wisconsin were other public Midwestern universities in the top 20.

OU made top marks on other lists as well in the latest Review rankings: 12th in “Lots of Beer,” 13th in best athletic facilities, 16th for most beautiful campus and 19th in “Lots of Hard Liquor.”

The Princeton Review surveyed 136,000 students from 380 U.S. colleges for its 2015-16 rankings, according to its website.

@megankhenry

mh573113@ohio.edu