Ohio senior Donte Foster (#3) runs toward the end zone during a game against the University of Akron at InfoCision Stadium in Akron, Ohio. Ohio defeated Akron 43-3 on Oct. 5, 2013.

Football: Former wide receiver joins the Minnesota Vikings

Donte Foster signs with the Vikings after fullback Blake Renaud was released from the team earlier this week.

Former Ohio wide receiver Donte Foster signed with the Minnesota Vikings practice squad Tuesday, per the team's Twitter account.

Foster signed with the Vikings after fullback Blake Renaud was released from the team earlier this week. 

Foster's contract has not been disclosed. 

Foster signed with the Vikings in 2014 after going undrafted during the NFL Draft, participating with the team's practice squad last season before being waived on Sept. 5. 

"The guy's a good player, they (the Vikings) know he is a good player, he is a good athletic guy," Dwayne Dixon, Ohio's wide receivers coach said.

Foster played under Dixon for five seasons. He redshirted in 2009, and then played the next four seasons.

"He’s already been there and knows the system, and he is very capable," Dixon said. "His opportunity is going to come, and sometimes it may not feel like it, but he is a good enough player."

With Ohio, Foster earned All-MAC Second team honors in 2013, held the school record for touchdowns with 21, and became one of two players at Ohio to have 1,000 receiving yards in a single season.

In his senior season, he recorded four 100-plus yard games during the regular season, and set the Beef O’ Brady Bowl record with 160 yards -- earning MVP of the game. 

"No question in my mind that he can play at the level," Dixon said. "I have played at the level, and I have seen guys at that level, and that he is better then some of them."

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@Ohio.edu

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu