Toran Davis and Watson Tautuiaki Tackea Southeastern Louisiana offensemen in their game on September 19, 2015 at Peden Stadium. The Bobcats toppled the Lions 35-14. 

Football: Staffers keep high hopes for Bobcats

The Post sports staff predicts Ohio's matchup with Minnesota. 

Charlie Hatch | Sports Editor (2-1)

Minnesota 27, Ohio 17

I think Ohio CAN pull off the upset, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will. If the offense moves the ball, the ‘Cats might enter #MACtion undefeated. Rawr!

Luke O'Roark | Sports Editor (2-1)

Ohio 20, Minnesota 17

I'm feeling real bold here, Cotton. the Bobcats have proved me wrong before, and I won't pick against them again until they lose. 

Tony Wolfe | Senior Writer (3-0)

Ohio 17, Minnesota 13

60 minutes of Derrius Vick for the second-straight weekend should do the Bobcats a lot of good, since he's a guy with a level head who knows how to take care of the ball. I also don't think there's anything Kent State's defense can do that Ohio can't, and the Flashes held the Gophers to 10 points last weekend.

Wynston Wilcox | Staff Writer (2-1)

Ohio 24, Minnesota 20

The Bobcats look good this season so far. They have shown they know how to score and can keep their opponents from scoring. Although a Big Ten team, Minnesota shouldn't be too much trouble for Solich and his squad because it has bad wins. The Gophers barely beat a struggling Kent State team and nearly lost to Colorado State. So far not a good report card for Minnesota. Although Ohio's strength of schedule doesn't look the strongest, if Minnesota is struggling with Kent State, good luck with the Bobcats.

Jordan Horrobin | Staff Writer (2-1)

Minnesota 20, Ohio 13.

I've seen two versions of Minnesota so far. The one that almost knocked off No. 3 TCU during kickoff weekend, and the one that has struggled through wins against Colorado State and Kent State. But it's homecoming weekend in Minneapolis and I expect enough from the Golden Gophers that they can squeeze this one out. 60-minute consistency at Ohio's quarterback position, however, could spark an upset for the Bobcats.