Post Haste

Post Haste: Entertain your parents this Parents Weekend; Charges dropped against former Ohio basketball player

There are a lot of things to do in town this weekend.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Friday, Sept. 18, 2015:

It’s officially Parents Weekend.

Scrambling for something to do to keep yours entertained? Or any parental figures in your life who might be dropping by?

If not, The Post has your back.

Ohio’s club hockey team has its home opener tonight. Ohio will be taking on John Carroll University. Tickets are $8, $6 if you’re a student.

Ohio football will host Southeastern Louisiana University Saturday at 2 p.m. The Post’s sports staffers think the Bobcats will win easily.

You can also zipline at The Ridges most of the day Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $25. 

Alternatively, from 6-9 p.m., that $25 could get you 25 domestic beers at Red Brick. Or 25 well drinks. Or 13 beers and 12 well drinks. The choice is yours.

If none of these activities sound appealing, the Athena Cinema is screening a Nicolas Cage movie tonight at 7 p.m.

Weather

Open-toed shoe weather during the day, sweater weather in the evening. High of 85 degrees. Low of 58 tonight. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• Sexual imposition charges recently filed against a former OU basketball player were dropped yesterday. (The Post)

• Police sometimes get calls from parents complaining that uptown bars won’t let them buy alcohol for their kids on Parents Weekend. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

The men’s and women’s cross country teams are in Virginia for an invitational this weekend. The volleyball team is away at Florida Gulf Coast University Friday and Saturday. Field hockey will take on Ohio State Sunday at 1 p.m. in Columbus.

You might also want to know....

A “technology problem” left American Airlines flights grounded across the U.S. Thursday. (BBC)

An analysis published Wednesday found that a popular antidepressant drug is unsafe for teenagers. (New York Times)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu