Editorial

Editorial: ‘The Post’ will hold weekend Halloween costume contest

To join in with the celebration, we will not only report on the Athens Halloween Block Party, but also judge the outfits of those who dress up.

The Post will doing something a bit different during this year’s Athens Halloween Block Party.

This year, to participate in the fun, we will be having a costume contest. Instead of only having Posties with cameras and notebooks in hand, we will have a booth set up in one of the alleys off of Court Street.

Partygoers can stop by and have their pictures taken by Post photographers. If you leave your name and other information, you’ll have a chance to be one of the winners of our first Halloween costume contest.

The best costumes will be chosen by Posties, and the winners of the contest will be presented with gift certificates to Big Mamma’s Burritos.

These winners will also appear in the Monday edition of The Post and online at thepostathens.com, as well as on our various social media platforms.

We hope that you all wear fun and unique costumes and have a safe Halloween weekend.  

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post's executive editors: Editor-in-Chief Emma Ockerman, Managing Editor Rebekah Barnes, Opinion Editor Will Gibbs and Digital Managing Editor Samuel Howard. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.