Men's Golf: Cooley and the Bobcats head off to the Terrapin Invitational

Bobcats hopes to take away the amount of bogeys they are shooting. 

On Monday the Bobcats head to Rockville, Maryland to play in the Terrapin Invitational — a foreign tournament for the Bobcat. Monday will be the first time Ohio partakes in the tournament.

The Terrapin Invite will take place at the Woodmont Country Club, a course just about an hour away from Washington D.C. 

Coming into the Terrapin Invite, Ohio is coming off a fourth place finish at the Firestone Invitational, the best it has finished this season.

“I think it was a combination of the two (putting and driving), a couple guys putted well,” coach Bob Cooley said on the Firestone Invitational. “I know Grant Engel had a real good putting tournament. He's close to being really good. He just makes a couple mistakes here in there, he bogeys a hole and then birdies the next.”

The team is hoping to build upon a few areas of their game coming into the tournament, especially on getting off to a good start in the first round.

“(Peyton White) was struggling in the first round,” Cooley said. “He couldn't get his timing down and found it in the second round. He and (Ty Herriott) played really well. Ty is a streaky player too, and we're just trying to make him a bit more consistent. Trying to keep the birdies and eliminate the bogeys.”

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="0b8d01ea-67a0-11e5-88b7-5fa05de5ad2f"}}

The upcoming tournament will introduce a few new teams from the East Coast to the Bobcats, but the host that won the Firestone Invitational, Maryland, will still be there. 

“They got a new coach that is in his third year,” Cooley said. “They moved it to a really nice course, and it fit into our schedule really well. Good competition on the East Coast, some really good teams over there. There's some teams we haven't seen, so I am looking forward to it.”

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu