Ohio University golfers pose for a portrait at the Athens Country Club. (FILE)

Men's Golf: Ohio falls in day two of Terrapin Invitational

The Bobcats are consistent at being inconsistent. 

The Bobcats are consistent at being inconsistent, and the Terrapin Invitational is yet another example.

Throughout the season, coach Bob Cooley has said that the team is streaky —playing well one round, only to stumble the next.

On day two of the tournament Ohio fell four spots on the leaderboard into a tie for sixth place, but moved up to fifth after a late disqualification. Through round one on Monday, the Bobcats were tied for second.

But it just wasn't a collective drop off, it was the players too. Grant Engel, who was tied second on Monday, fell into a tie for 25th on Tuesday. He finished the tournament shooting a 151 — 7-over-par.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="90e7c6da-76b5-11e5-bc3d-9bc20dcf798a"}}

Ty Herriott also fell down the leaderboard, slipping from 16th to 25th. Overall he shot a 151 for the tournament, and 7-over par, just like Engel.

“Ty is a streaky player, too,” Cooley said last week. “We're just trying to make him a bit more consistent, trying to keep the birdies and eliminate the bogeys.”

Perhaps the most notable misstep was Peyton White not finishing in the top 10.

In the two previous tournaments this year, White finished in the top 10 both times. At the Terrapin Invitational, he finished lower than both Engel and Herriott, shooting a 152, 8-over-par, tying for 33rd place.

James Madison, which was tied with Ohio on Monday, won the invitational.

The Bobcats only have one tournament remaining this fall — the Homewood/Hilton Garden Airport and Florida Gulf Coast University Classic — Oct. 26 and 27.

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu