Men's Golf day two leaderboard

Men's Golf: Ohio slips in last day of Homewood/Hilton Airport and FGCU Invitational

Ben Sattler continues to improve for Ohio.

On day two at the Homewood/Hilton Airport and FGCU Invitational, junior Peyton White couldn't finish what he started Monday.

White, who was in fifth place Monday, dropped 13 spots into a tie for 18th on Tuesday. The drop came in round three, when he shot eight bogeys and one double bogey to finish with an 83 — 11-over-par.

That was the second straight time White has dropped drastically in the third round of a tournament, and fatigue may be the reason why. In the past 14 days, Ohio has played in two tournaments, 108 holes of golf.

The Bobcats' collectively dropped down one spot into eighth place, and No. 22 Florida won the tournament by 11 strokes. 

Freshman Ben Sattler moved up one spot on the leaderboard, finishing the tournament in a tie for 41st.

Junior Ty Herriott and sophomore Grant Engel, who dominated at the Terrapin Invitational, didn’t struggled in the tournament. Herriott finished in 47th place, shooting 20-over par. Engel, who is usually the most consistent shooter on the team, finished in 50th place, a 23-over par. 

The fall half of the schedule is now over for Ohio, and spring play will resume Feb. 8 at the Mid-American Match Play Tournament in Dade City, Florida.

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu