Athena Cinema

Ohio University among prettiest campuses in America

Ohio University made Great Value Colleges list of most beautiful college campuses in rural areas.

Bobcats aren’t the only ones appreciating the Athens aesthetic made up of bricks, colorful fall foliage and Emeriti Park.

Ohio University made the No. 20 spot on Great Value Colleges' list of Most Beautiful College Campuses in Rural Areas. The university was commemorated for its bike path, historical buildings and College Green.

Great Value Colleges created the list by evaluating colleges in areas with populations fewer than 50,000 based on factors such as student enjoyment, notable features and location, according to its website.

OU students weighed in on what area they deem as the prettiest place on campus. Tyler Thompson, a senior studying communication sciences and disorders said Bong Hill is his favorite spot.

“You can see the entire university there,” Thompson said. “It’s a breath-taking experience.”

Aside from the frequently-hiked Bong Hill, some students thought Emeriti Park and the Athens bike path are some of the most beautiful places to visit.

“The river is right there and the view of The Ridges is great,” Vanessa Jackson, a sophomore studying accounting, said.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="1303638e-5b01-11e5-ae2e-e7998835ec50"}}

Some Bobcats felt East Green’s buildings and abundance of trees make it an appealing location.

“In the fall it has a lot of trees, so the leaves are all over the road,” Nicole Mejorada, an undecided freshman, said.

Mejorada’s friend agreed, adding that the walkway by East Green is her favorite.

@Fair3Julia

jf311013@ohio.edu