Post Haste

Post Haste: Looking to observe ‘American Beer Day?’ You have options; Marching 110 gets another shoutout

Fortunately for you, there are plenty of options.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2015:

Today is National American Beer Day, (yes, it’s a thing).

You might think there isn’t a better place to celebrate than in a town with more than 10 bars on one street and houses of a university fresh off a number 1 party school ranking from Playboy.

The U.S. is home to more than 1,700 breweries churning out sudsy, malted beverages, according to a CNN article in 2011.

Whether you’re on the hunt for Great Lakes, Samuel Adams or Jackie O’s, Athens has plenty of options to find your favorite domestically crafted beer to honor the holiday.

If you’re still looking for tips on how to celebrate, The Post can hook you up. Check out our guide to all the bars on the bricks we published last spring. Also look into sipping Little Fish, a local microbrew new to the scene. We published a photo story on them earlier this week.

Weather

Gonna be a cold and wet one. Have fun with that. High of 54, 70 percent chance of rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• Former Ohio basketball forward Maurice Ndour got waived by the Dallas Mavericks. (The Post)

• City council candidate Pat McGee held a panel for students last night about how to avoid getting arrested on Halloween. (The Post)

• The Marching 110 got another shoutout on Twitter (and one on the Today Show, too). (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

Post reporter Pete Nakos broke down how the men’s golf team fared Monday at a tournament in Florida.

You might also want to know...

The World Health Organization yesterday declared that processed meats, like bacon and hot dogs, cause cancer. (WaPo)

The people of Guatemala just elected a comedian as its next president. (BuzzFeed).

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $1.50 domestic pints. $2.50 Long Islands

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 Margaritas, $1 off all tequila shots from 4-9 p.m.

@M_PECKable

mp172114@ohio.edu