Post Haste

Post Haste: Poll claims most Ohio voters want legal marijuana; Nate Ruess coming to Ohio University

Here is what every Ohio University student should know for Oct. 14

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015:

You’ll soon be able to vote on whether marijuana should be legal in Ohio. Do you know where you stand?

More than half of voters have already decided yes, according to a Kent State poll released Tuesday. The poll found 56 percent of voters would give a thumbs up to legalization if the vote were held today.

The ballot measure would legalize recreational and medical marijuana in the state, and would allow for more than 1,000 pot retailers in Ohio, pending approval from voters in each precinct.

But there’s a catch: the initiative would only allow for 10 commercial growers for the whole state, though there is a four-plant home-grow option.

That piece of the plan has drawn outrage from some legalization supporters. Some of those are even urging voters to check “no” on their ballots.

So, what’ll it be? What could be a pricey joint, or an illegal one?

Weather

A classic fall day. Breezy, with a high of 62. And here’s a scary tidbit — we’ll probably see temperatures in the 30s tonight. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• Nate Ruess (lead singer of fun.) is playing in MemAud tonight. (The Post)

• OU’s aviation squad won some awards at a regional flight competition recently. (The Post)

• Lost Flamingo Company's Rocky Horror Picture Show starts tonight. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

No scores to report, but here’s a preview of the swimming and diving team’s upcoming season.

You might also want to know....

A New York woman is suing her 8-year-old (well, he’s twelve now) nephew, after he jumped into her arms at his birthday party, which led to the woman breaking her wrist. (CT Post)

Anheuser-Busch just got a lot bigger. The booze monolith just purchased a major European beer producer, SABMiller. (CBS)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $2.50 domestic aquariums. $1.50 shot of the night

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $0.50 slices, $2 Blue Moon, $2 mixed drinks, $1.50 mixed shots from 4-9 p.m.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu