Post Haste

Post Haste: Recent UFO sightings reported in Athens County; New bill could help beer pack more punch

A couple UFO reports have trickled in over the past month.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Monday, Oct. 19, 2015:

Notice anything a little out of the ordinary in the Athens sky during the past few weeks?

Some locals have. Two reports to the National UFO Reporting Center have trickled in during the past month, indicating that at least tw0 people have seen what might've been UFOs in the sky over Athens.

A recent report indicated that someone saw a "bright object" fly across the sky for about 30 seconds at roughly 9 a.m. Oct. 4.

The other report concerned the night of Sept. 23, when someone claimed seeing stationary red, white and green lights in the night sky. 

Athens is no stranger to such occurrences. Since the end of 1999, 11 alleged UFO sightings in Athens have been reported to the center.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Sunny with a high of 63 today. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• A student reported a gross sexual imposition incident to OUPD on Thursday. (The Post)

• A new bill would allow Ohio brewers to produce beer that is 21 percent alcohol. (The Post)

• A drag show was held in Walter Hall Rotunda on Sunday. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

Ohio football suffered its second loss of the season Saturday. The women’s soccer team beat Bowling Green on Sunday. Ohio volleyball swept Toledo during the weekend. No.1 ranked Ohio hockey fell to No. 3 Lindenwood on Friday.

You might also want to know...

Hawaii’s governor has declared a state of emergency to address the state’s homelessness problem. (Al Jazeera)

Amazon.com is filing suit against more than 1,000 people who were allegedly paid to write fake product reviews on the site. (BBC)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $1.50 domestic pints

Tony’s: $2.25 well drinks and free peanuts

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $5 Bud Lite pitchers from 4-9 p.m.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu