Post Haste

Post Haste: Try our Democratic presidential debate drinking game; 'Steve Jobs' to screen for free

Our debate drinking game rules are fairly straightforward, but make sure to have a sufficient amount of drinks close by for tonight’s Democratic debate on CNN.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015:

Last month we previewed the second GOP presidential debate by teasing to a drinking game by the folks over at debatedrinking.com.

For tonight’s Democratic debate on CNN, we’re taking the task into our own hands. We’ll keep it short and let our rules speak for themselves.

As always, imbibe at your own discretion.

• Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have dominated early polls, so any time they mention those other guys, (aka Martin O’Malley, Lincoln Chafee or Jim Webb), take a drink.

• If you hear a candidate accuse Republicans of living in some bygone era, drink.

• When you hear someone attack Hillary for flip-flopping (most likely about same-sex marriage, the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal or the Keystone Pipeline), drink.

• Take a drink at any mention of The Donald.

• You might hear O’Malley talk about voters having more than two choices for president. If you do, take a drink.

• Don Lemon will apparently ask questions submitted via Instagram and Facebook. Any Lemon flubs require a drink.

• Any time Hillary talks about traveling the world to broker deals and maintain relationships with other countries, take a drink. Also take one if she refers to a political figure or leader as her “good friend” or her “dear friend.”

Weather

A little cooler and windy. High of 66 and mostly sunny. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

Some people had a bit too much fun during Homecoming Weekend and wound up in trouble with the law. (The Post)

Athens City Council met last night. (The Post)

Steve Jobs is screening for free today at the Athena. (The Post)

Scores & Game Times

No scores to report. But we have a recap of how football coach Frank Solich’s press conference went yesterday.

You might also want to know ...

There will be more to tonight’s debate than drinking. (WaPo)

Authorities in Zimbabwe won’t charge the Minnesota dentist who killed Cecil the lion. (WaPo)

Bryan Cranston recently disclosed he tried to send DVDs of Breaking Bad to the International Space Station. (BuzzFeed)

For more global news, check out The New York Timesdaily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $1.50 domestic pints. $2.50 Long Islands

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 Margaritas, $1 off all tequila shots from 4-9 p.m.