Members of The Scene and Edge Magazine pose for a runway walk at Scripps Amphitheater. 

'The Scene Magazine' will host its first Halloween fashion show at Scripps Amphitheater

The Scene Magazine, an Ohio University fashion based publication will host its first ever “Queen of Egypt” Halloween Fashion Show at the Scripps Amphitheater on Oct. 30 at 7 p.m.

The members of The Scene Magazine are preparing the throne in their first ever “Queen of Egypt” Halloween Fashion Show.

The Ohio University student publication will host the runway show at Scripps Amphitheater on Friday at 7 p.m.

In honor of Halloween and other festivities, the executive board decided to dedicate the show’s theme to the various royal rulers of ancient Egypt such as Queen Cleopatra and Queen Nefertiti.

Cierra Boyd, president of the publication, said the crowd should be ready to see some great fashion, models and sense of style from the show and the publication.

“Expect lots of beautiful silk, Egyptian fabrics, gold and black,” Boyd, a junior studying retail merchandising and product development, said. “Expect greatness. It will be very chic, very elegant and very sexy.”

Boyd said she was a member of The Edge Magazine last year, when the organization produced a similar fashion “thriller” show. But, she said this year’s show will be different now that she is with The Scene.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="bebbc53a-7da3-11e5-b0ad-7787f1d89f15"}}

“The only thing that is different is that it will be one scene and not three scenes,” Boyd said. “It will just be one big show.”

The student publication will also sell food and drinks, such as apple cider, popcorn and other fall treats to fundraise for its first issue’s release. Half of the fundraising proceeds, Boyd said, will go to local charity Good Works.

“They are doing a lot for the community as far as sustainability and recycling,” Boyd said. “It’s just a way for us to give back our time as an organization.”

Tajha Laflore, the event planner for the publication, said she is thrilled because it will be her first time hosting an event at a collegiate level.

Thanae Austin, a model for the show, said she is excited because it will be her first time modeling.

“I’m only a little nervous because I will be walking outside. It may be a little cold,” the senior studying journalism and communication said. “But I’m slowly getting prepared and just can’t wait for Friday.”

As it’s the first appearance for the publication, Laflore said she hopes the crowd recognizes why The Scene is different from all the other magazines on campus.

“I want the crowd to understand that (The Scene) is a magazine to be reckoned with,” Laflore, a sophomore studying communication, said. “There’s obviously other fashion magazines on campus, so we’re basically showing them we’re different. We’re fashionistas, and we werk.”

@its_candicew

cw873012@ohio.edu