Tanner Ingle

BedPost: Advice from two Ohio University students on how to initiate some morning fun

Don't know how to initiate morning sex with your partner? Unsure about it? Take some advice from the BedPost columnists.

TI: If you ask me, the two best ways to start any morning are Cinnamon Toast Crunch and/or morning sex. Unfortunately, morning sex isn’t always as prevalent and obtainable as cereal. And unless you’re in a comfortable, committed relationship, it can be tricky trying to decipher whether your new partner is down to clown in the morning.

You may find yourself waking up feeling frisky, but at the same time feel unsure whether or not you should make a move. Regardless of whether you’re the big spoon or little spoon, or not even a spoon at all, there are certain subtle “movements” you can make to get the ball rolling. Then once you make your little moves, you can gauge whether your partner is feeling frisky like you or feeling like going back to sleep.

If you get shot down though, don’t feel bad. Some people feel beyond tired or self-conscious about their morning breath and unshowered state, so it’s probably not you. If that is the case, just give them a wee bit of time, and once they get more comfortable around you, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Honestly, if you really want to fool around when you wake up, you can also just simply ask. I mean, if you’re already sleeping with this person, then there’s really no reason to beat around the bush. Just be direct. You and your new fling will surely come to realize that a little morning canoodling is a great way to start any day. 

Tanner Ingle is a junior studying studio art and environmental and plant biology. What do you think about morning sex? Email him at ti905612@ohio.edu.

AP: Morning sex is a great way to start the day, but it can be an awkward topic to discuss with a partner if he or she is a new one. I personally love morning sex, and I know most guys in the morning are feeling rather randy, so they’re more than likely going to be down. If you’ve never done it, I highly recommend it. And, if you feel awkward bringing it up with your partner because you want to try it out or because it’s better than coffee for your morning wake up call, you could always just try and initiate it the old-fashioned way.

Cozy on up next to your lover and start kissing his or her neck or his or her forehead. … You know the drill. Soon enough, morning sex will become part of your daily routine. Don’t worry about morning breath either. I know I was always concerned about it. The thing is, your partner's breath is more than likely not going to be smelling minty fresh either, and when you’re kissing, you won’t be smelling anything.

As you can tell, I am a big advocate of morning sex. It’s a great way to start the day, especially if you’re hitting snooze one too many times. Who knows, it may even help you kick that pesky coffee addiction.

Abbey Peyton is a senior studying broadcast journalism. What advice would you give someone about morning sex? Email her at ap384611@ohio.edu.