Fantasy Football: Antonio Brown, Danny Amendola headline recievers that can help you make a playoff run

Here are some fantasy football observations heading into week 11.

We are now 10 weeks into the fantasy football season and playoffs are right around the corner. 

For many that means it is time to gear up for what they hope to be a fantasy football championship run. Now is not the time to get creative with your possible lineup combinations, if you have a player that has been producing for your team all season, start him, it is that simple.

If you are one of the unlucky fantasy players who lost a key player due to injury this season, you still have a few weeks left to try and find a replacement that will help your team make one final playoff push.

Here are three players that performed well in week 10:

Running back Jeremy Langford – Chicago: Langford got the start for Chicago for the second week in a row due to Matt Forte being sidelined with a knee injury. Langford once again stepped up in Forte’s absence by gaining 182 total yards and scoring two touchdowns, which was good for a league high 29-point performance this week. Forte is expected to be back in week 11, but has been limited in practice all week so Langford still is expected to get some carries against Denver this week.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="7d3abe50-8897-11e5-a88d-3b519aa17051"}}

Quarterback Kirk Cousins – Washington: Cousins had his best performance of the season in week 10, albeit it was against the New Orleans Saints, who have NFL’s worst defense. Cousins threw for 324 yards and four touchdowns, in the Redskins 47-14 victory. This performance by Cousins was good for 28 fantasy points, the most scored by a quarterback in week 10.

Wide receiver Antonio Brown – Pittsburgh: On Sunday, Brown took advantage of a depleted Cleveland Browns secondary. He put up 27 fantasy points against the Browns as recorded 10 catches for 139 receiving yards and a pair of touchdowns Sunday afternoon. After recording just 390 receiving yards and 42 fantasy points in weeks 3-8, Brown has caught 27 passes for 423 yards and 55 fantasy points the past two weeks.

If you are one of those fantasy players who need help at one or more positions, here is a list of few players that could help you team get back on the right track.

Wide receiver Danny Amendola – New England: In consecutive weeks the Patriots have lost two key offensive players in Dion Lewis and Julian Edelman. Amendola will be the one to take Edelman’s place in the starting lineup. In limited action this season, Amendola has caught 40 passes for 403 yards and two touchdowns. This week Amendola will be a popular pickup as he is owned in 67.6 percent of leagues.

Running back Joique Bell– Detroit: Bell got 16 touches on Sunday against the Packers as opposed to just six for Ameer Abdullah. The Lions new offensive coordinator has said that Bell will be the number one option in the Lions backfield. Bell has only rushed for 116 yards and one touchdown this season, but expect those numbers to go up if Bell is truly the number one option.

Wide Receiver Dorial Green-Beckham – Tennessee: With the Titans top two wide receivers out with injuries, Green-Beckham is expected to get an increased number of snaps on Thursday and possibly in future weeks as well. This season Green-Beckham has caught just 12 passes for 181 yards and two touchdowns. Green-Beckham has a tremendous upside and with no clear-cut option for Tennessee at wide receiver, he will be a player to look to heading into week 11. Green-Beckham is owned in just 17.9 percent of fantasy leagues.

** Note: all point totals and percentages listed in this article are based off of the totals found on ESPN.com standard leagues.

@R_DiPaola16

rd340812@ohio.edu