Maleek Irons, an Ohio redshirt freshman running back, runs past Asantay Brown, a Western Michigan sophomore safety. Ohio lost to Western Michigan 49-14 on Oct. 17. 

Football: 'Post' staffers predict win for Ohio over Ball State

'The Post' staff predicts the outcome of Ohio's matchup with Ball State. 

Ohio will play Ball State at Peden Stadium on Tuesday night. Our staffers predict the outcome.

Luke O'Roark | Sports Editor (6-4)

Ohio 20, Ball State 10

Ohio is back on track. Despite losing their grasp on the Mid-American Conference East Division, the Bobcats' late season push is in full effect, and I expect quarterback Derrius Vick to have a career game against Ball State. The Cardinals' total defense ranks 12 out of 13 teams in the MAC. 

Charlie Hatch | Sports Editor (7-3)

Ohio 34, Ball State 10

Ohio looked really, really good in its shutout win last week against Kent State. Linebacker Quentin Poling is back, and so is the defensive prowess. Ohio wins big and secures a spot in a bowl game. Booyah!

Tony Wolfe | Senior Writer (7-3)

Ohio 34, Ball State 10

Ohio had no problem whatsoever with Kent State last week, and Ball State is essentially the Flashes with a worse defense. The Cardinals will be fortunate to put together more than one scoring drive.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="63b0abc4-8ca3-11e5-b84c-03da2656850c"}}

Jordan Horrobin | Staff Writer (9-1)

Ohio 31, Ball State 17.

Another weak team comes to Peden Stadium for a mid-week game and I don't expect a result much different from last time. Ohio's defense should be able to overmatch Ball State and give the Bobcat offense plenty of chances to score. Check your schedules for a late December bowl game, Bobcat fans.

Wynston Wilcox | Staff Writer (6-4)

Ohio 27, Ball State 10

Ohio should pull this one out. Ohio is 1-0 in Tuesday night MACtion, and it should win with ease; especially if Derrius Vick runs the ball like he did last time out.