Ohio senior running back Daz'mond Patterson jumps over Western Michigan's defense during a game Oct. 17. Ohio lost to Western Michigan 49-14. 

Football: Staff picks for Kent State vs. Ohio

The staff writers offer up their picks for Tuesday night's game. 

Ohio plays Kent State during a mid-week game, as the Bobcats look to become bowl eligible with a win. The Post staffers predict what the outcome may be.  

Luke O'Roark | Sports Editor (5-4)

Ohio 24, Kent State 17
Ohio has been on a skid as of late, but a matchup with Kent is the perfect matchup for the Bobcats to get back on track. Derrius Vick will have a big game.

Charlie Hatch | Sports Editor (6-3)

Ohio 24, Kent State 20. 
It'll be close — too close for comfort — but a win the Bobcats desperately need if they want to improve morale and become bowl eligible. 

Tony Wolfe | Senior Writer (6-3)

Ohio 17, Kent State 13.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="e746bb68-8721-11e5-98df-3fc998d7cc0e"}}

The injury issues just don't seem to be getting any better for •Ohio, but a home game against the •Golden Flashes' subpar offense is about as good a chance as any for the Bobcats to end their losing streak. If not this week, I'm not sure it will ever end.

Jordan Horrobin | Staff Writer (8-1)

Ohio 23, Kent State 13.
This is a must-win game for the Bobcats after dropping three in a row. In front of a home crowd and against a weak offensive team (averaging less than 16 points per game), Ohio will need to finish on top if it wants a shot at a bowl.

Wynston Wilcox | Staff Writer (5-4)

Ohio 27, Kent State 10.
Ohio should run away with this one. It needs to win or it will face the situation it was in last year with not becoming bowl eligible until the last minute and miss it.