Post Haste

Post Haste: Your favorite store might be closed this Black Friday; OUPD is investigating a 'suspicious note'

Some stores are shying away from being open on Thanksgiving or even Black Friday.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015:

Take off your seven layers of clothes and tear down your tents, because some of your favorite stores are not going to be open Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.

Over the past 15 years, Black Friday has been slowly creeping into Thanksgiving Day and sales have been starting earlier and earlier. But now some companies are choosing to close their doors so employees and customers can have a little bit more family time.

R.E.I. started the trend with a campaign to “enjoy the outdoors,” which will close their stores Thursday and Friday.

Here are some stores that have made similar decisions: GameStop, Nordstrom, Staples, Costco, BJ’s, TJ Maxx, Marshall’s and Sam’s Club.

So for those who skip turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and pumpkin pie to go shopping, you may want to make plans this year to stay home and enjoy the day with your family.

Or not. Wal-Mart is always open.

Weather

High of 60. No rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• OU yesterday announced that its Title IX coordinator had resigned. (The Post)

• OUPD is investigating a “suspicious note” left in a restroom on campus. (The Post)

• Pretty soon, all of the dorms on campus — except for some on South — will need swipe access. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times 

Women’s basketball picked up a couple recruits this week.

You might also want to know…

Gov. John Kasich is backing away from statements he previously made suggesting that the U.S. should make an agency to promote Judeo-Christian values abroad. (Columbus Dispatch)

European officials are saying that the ringleader of the Paris attacks was killed Wednesday (Washington Post)

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $2.50 well drinks and $2.50 Cali Boy and Vegas Bombs

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 domestic bottles, $3 Jameson, $2.50 Long Islands from 4-9 p.m.

@wintuck

hw333515@ohio.edu