Clare Palo

Technobabble: Where are the Wi-Fi dead zones on Ohio University’s campus?

Columnist Clare Palo asks readers to fill out a survey about the areas on campus with the worst Wi-Fi connections.

Ohio University’s Wi-Fi has had its woes this year, to say the least. If we rewind back to the OU Wi-Fi Plague of August 2015 (by the way, the real plague is back), we can reminisce on some deadly times — specifically some deadly Wi-Fi times.

Rather than asking you loyal readers to tweet me your worst Wi-Fi dead zones on campus, because Ohio University Office of Information Technology (OIT) already deals with enough of that on a daily basis, I’m asking you to take a short survey that is embedded in this article. The results will be posted in a later Technobabble column.

What inspired this survey?

I’ll be honest— 50 percent personal curiosity, but most importantly 50 percent a possible solution to our Wi-Fi problem areas. OIT has mentioned that they regularly track the dead zones and hotspots on campus in an attempt to fix the connection problems when outages occur. I would like to hear from students personally, in an effort to help solve the issue with user generated feedback and to avoid those bad connection areas (just kidding… maybe).

Vent away your Wi-Fi woes:

Clare Palo is a senior studying journalism and digital content director for The Post. Answer her Wi-Fi survey and tweet her @clarepalo or email her at cp954211@ohio.edu.