An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

Fifth rape of Fall Semester reported to Ohio University Police Department

Sunday’s report marks the 16th sex-related crime this semester reported to OUPD.

The Ohio University Police Department received a report of rape on Sunday, marking the fifth rape reported during the Fall Semester.

OUPD officers received the report at 6:48 a.m., according to the OUPD call log.

The crime allegedly took place on West Green, though the report did not specify where.

The call log said a female was sexually assaulted by a male acquaintance.

The report is still under investigation, according to the log.

The number of rapes reported this year surpasses reports received in the last six years, according to OUPD records, nearly doubling the next closest year. 2012 held a total of six reported rapes.

The Athens Police Department responded to a report of alleged rape Nov. 12, according to previous Post reports.

OUPD initially responded to the incident before forwarding it to APD due to jurisdiction.

On Sept. 26, OUPD received a report of an alleged rape in Bromley Hall. A suspect was arrested and was scheduled to appear in Athens County Municipal Court, but his case was dismissed due to “criminal procedure,” according to a previous Post report.

OUPD responded to a report of alleged rape Sept. 14, in O’Bleness House on South Green. No arrest was made on the case.

The first alleged rape reported to OUPD this semester took place in an unspecified South Green dorm on Sept. 5, according to a previous Post report. No arrest was made on the case.

OUPD fielded five reported rape cases in Spring Semester.

@emilybohatch

eb346012@ohio.edu