Ohio wide receiver LeVon Brazill stiff-arms an Akron defender during a football game against Akron University last season. Brazill was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in April and now awaits his future with the team. (Maddie Meyer | File Photo)

Former Ohio WR, Orlando Predator Lavon Brazill recovering in Orlando hospital

Former Ohio receiver Lavon Brazill is in an Orlando hospital. 

A source close to the situation has confirmed that former Indianapolis Colt and Ohio alum Lavon Brazill is recovering in an Orlando hospital from an unknown incident that occurred Thursday night. The original publication of this story stated that Brazill had been shot in the head, which has since been confirmed to be false.

While it is not currently known what led to Brazill being sent to the hospital, he is said to be on a positive recovery track. Brazill signed with the Arena Football League's Orlando Predators three weeks ago.

Brazill, 26, was drafted in the sixth round of the NFL Draft by the Colts upon graduating from Ohio. He caught 23 passes for 347 yards and three touchdowns in 25 regular-season games for Indianapolis before a year-long drug suspension prompted him being waived by the team.

The Orlando Predators had no comment on the situation as of press time. 

Brazill played for the Bobcats from 2008 to 2011, catching 1,146 yards and 11 touchdowns in his senior season and was named most valuable player during Ohio's 24-23 win against Utah State in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. 

@_Tonywolfe_

Aw987712@ohio.edu