Redshirt junior forward Treg Setty goes in for a layup against Eastern Michigan Saturday February 7, 2015 at the Convocation Center. 

Men's Basketball: Treg Setty's career night pushes Ohio past UC Riverside

The redshirt senior's 20 points and 10 rebounds pushed Ohio past UC Riverside on Wednesday night, 81-59.

It’s Treg Setty’s world, and everyone else is just living in it.

Setty’s 20 points and 10 rebounds pushed Ohio past UC Riverside on Wednesday night 81-59, with the redshirt senior’s career night giving the Bobcats their fifth-consecutive win.

Ohio’s Jaaron Simmons added 15 points and eight assists, and Antonio Campbell almost notched his fifth consecutive double-double (15 points, nine rebounds).

“I helped the team get the win, that’s the main thing,” Setty said. “It feels better to get some glitter on my face,” adding to the notion that the win meant more than tying a career high in points.

Simply put, Ohio (9-3) dominated from beginning to end behind Setty’s flamboyant finger rolls, hook shots and rebounding.

The Bobcats outrebounded the Highlanders (9-6) 44-27 and turned the ball over just nine times. It was just the second time the Bobcats turned ball over fewer than 10 times in a game this season.

“(Setty) is an interesting kid there’s no question about it,” Ohio coach Saul Phillips said. “He played great tonight. I thought defensively he was really, really good, and a lot of times it’s like that. When you’re concentrating on one end of the court, the other half comes.”

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="03ea4540-ae9c-11e5-928b-a3d4fdc558d3"}}

Phillips added that during the first half the Bobcats were "trying too hard" to force the ball down the court and force shots. The Bobcats shot 15-36 from the field in the first half before finishing the game 29-65 overall.

Regardless, it was an 18-2 run to start the second half, which gave Ohio its second-largest victory of the year (22 points) and ended 2015 with modest ambitions moving forward. 

"It's progress, that's all it is," Phillips said. "I'm not ready to parade down Court Street with confetti flying yet, but I am excited to start conference play because we took a step forward tonight as a team.

Ohio will next travel to Northern Illinois (10-2) to start Mid-American Conference play Jan. 6. 

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu