APD cruisers are parked at the department's headquarters. (FILE)

Ohio University and Athens police still searching for suspects in thefts

Video surveillance captured footage of suspects stealing catalytic converters from a parked car.

The Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous January crimes of the month news release includes photos of possible suspects related to a series of thefts that occurred in late November and early December.

According to the news release, both the Ohio University Police Department and the Athens Police Department received reports of stolen catalytic converters, part of the exhaust system, from cars parked in Athens and on OU's campus. During one incident, surveillance video captured footage of the suspects.

The news release also described a burglary that occurred Nov. 18 at about 3 a.m. when a thinly built male forcibly entered a Nelsonville apartment and left when the residents began screaming, taking with him stolen prescription medication.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="06c0f92e-9634-11e5-9348-6fdbf4009bf7"}}

In the third crime listed in the news release, someone broke into a locked trailer at a construction site for the Tri-County Adult Career Center on or about Oct. 23 and stole all the power tools.

Each incident listed in the news release also appeared in the December crimes of the month release, and the theft of power tools and the apartment burglary appeared in the November news release, as well.

Nelsonville Police Department, OUPD and APD are seeking more information pertaining to all the crimes listed in the release. Anyone with information can call Crime Solvers Anonymous at 740-594-3331.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu