Ohio guard Kiyanna Black (#4) goes in for a layup during the Ohio vs. Eastern Michigan MAC tournament game. Ohio won the MAC Championship game 60-44 over Eastern Michigan on March 14, 2015. 

Women's Basketball: Black wins MAC East co-player of the week

After the Vanderbilt Thanksgiving Tournament, Kiyanna Black was named MAC East co-player of the week.

The Mid-American Conference announced Tuesday that senior guard Kiyanna Black was named MAC East Co-Player of the Week for her performances in the Vanderbilt Thanksgiving Tournament. 

She was also named College Sports Madness MAC player of the week.

Black was crucial in Ohio's 63-56 win over Indiana on Nov. 27. Despite being in foul trouble from the early parts of the game, Black led the team offensively with 17 points, three rebounds and an assist in 24 minutes. She also went 6-of-17 from the field, with half of her made shots being 3-pointers.

She would take that offensive stability into the title game against the host, Vanderbilt, where she scored a season-high 25 points — which was helped by her going 6-of-13 from 3-point range and 50 percent from the field — in a 62-59 loss to Vanderbilt. 

Black's offense has helped lead the team all season, and with her taking on the majority of the scoring duties for the Bobcats this season, more weekly awards could be in Black's future. 

Ohio's next game is against Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne on Dec. 3.

@kellenbecoats

kb749012@ohio.edu