Bobcat redshirt junior Cody Walters battles with Buffalo's Wally Maziarz. Walters won in a 2-0 decision. Ohio won overall 24-13. 

Wrestling: No. 21 Ohio 'excited' to test powerhouse No. 8 Missouri

Ohio wrestling travels to Columbia, Missouri to take on No. 8 Missouri.

No. 21 Ohio doesn't seem to be fazed by much. 

Not even the No. 8 Missouri Tigers (2-0) which is one of the premiere wrestling programs in the country and are reigning Mid-American Conference champions.

Regardless of rankings and previous accomplishments, the Bobcats (3-0) will travel to Columbia, Missouri to compete against the Tigers on Dec. 13. 

“I think it’s (Missouri) a good test for us, we’ll find out where we’re at,” Ohio coach Joel Greenlee said.

This match will be the Bobcats’ first MAC matchup of the season, as Greenlee said Ohio will probably be favored at the 157 and 174 lb weight classes. 

“We want to try to take some matches from them, win the ones we’re supposed to win, and try to sneak a couple other ones as well,” Greenlee said.

Although the Tigers seem like a tough outing, 184 lb wrestler Andrew Romanchik said the Bobcats are ‘hungry’ to wrestle, as their last match was at the Navy Classic on Nov. 21.

“I think everyone is hungry to wrestle again,” Romanchik said.  “I honestly think everyone is excited about this matchup.”

Romanchik said wrestling ranked opponents will be a factor come Sunday, as wrestling ranked opponents can help some Bobcats become ranked.  

And if the Bobcats can have success against the Tigers, including some ranked opponents, a statement could be made in the MAC.

“We’re excited for this opportunity,” Romanchik said.  “It doesn’t come very often so you have to take advantage of it when you can get it.”

@CameronFields_

cf710614@ohio.edu