A pizza looks forlornly in the distance as it helplessly waits for a good samaritan to release it from its chain.

Abandoned pizza defies all college stereotypes, enrages resident pizza lover

A "Post" reporter vents her frustrations upon discovering a picture of a pizza chained to a bike rack.

In an interview I conducted this week, a man told me that nothing goes together better than college students and pizza.

At the time, I believed him. I took his words to heart. There have been many a night I spent with my friends on my futon in Bryan Hall smashing $30 worth of Papa John's pizza with zero regrets (until I realized I should probably take an extra trip to Ping that week).

It's safe to say that I love pizza. I revere pizza. I adore pizza. I say a little prayer to the pizza fairy every night before I go to sleep. 

On Friday afternoon, an abandoned pizza was allegedly found chained against its will to a bike rack at our very own Ohio University, according to a picture circulating on Twitter.

That picture, however, was not taken at OU and is not from Friday.

In any case, I found the photo absolutely appalling. Someone plucked that poor pizza from the prime of its life and left it abandoned out in the snow like some common discarded piece of crust. Look for yourself, it's still greasy and covered with pepperoni goodness.

Shame on whatever hooligan left that poor pizza out for the squirrels to ravage.

All pizzas are created equal and should be treated with respect.

@emilybohatch

eb346012@ohio.edu