Hot takes: Looking forward to another solid year of Ohio Athletics

Post editors look back on 2015, look ahead to 2016.

Bobcat fans and readers of The Post,

First off, happy new year and thanks for checking out our coverage entering 2016. Whether this is your first time picking up a paper or the 546th time you’ve clicked on a link via social media, we’re grateful that you’ve come to us for news.

2015 was great for the Ohio Bobcats. Both the women’s basketball and baseball teams won the Mid-American Conference, snapping long championship droughts in the spring.

The volleyball team won another deserved conference title in the fall, which made up for 2014’s disappointing exit from the MAC Tournament inside The Convo.

The wrestling team had individuals make it all the way to nationals, while the hockey team did the same. 

Ohio football got back to a bowl game and lost narrowly, while the men’s basketball team enters 2016 in a much better direction than it entered 2015.

In short, 2015 was a really, really exciting and a pleasure to cover. Hopefully it was noticed through our work.

We’re not sure what 2016 will bring. To be honest, it’s too hard to even guess.

What we can predict though, is that our coverage will be in depth and will tell the whole story.

Moving forward, whether it’s covering a no-hitter, a Top-10 upset or a coaching change (in the event there is one), The Post sports staff hopes you will come to the newspaper for Bobcat news.

Feel free to contact us at the sports@thepostathens.com and follow us on Twitter @Thepostsports. Our individual email addresses and Twitter handles run at the bottom of each story.

We look forward to the future and hope you will join us,

Charlie Hatch

@charliehatch_

gh181212@ohio.edu

Luke O’Roark

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu