Rhonda Vincent and The Rage will perform at Stuart's Opera House, 52 Public Square, Nelsonville, on Sunday at 3 p.m.

Rhonda Vincent and The Rage to bring upbeat bluegrass to Stuart’s Opera House

With a musical career that dates back to her early childhood, Rhonda Vincent is an experienced bluegrass performer and a well-known face at Stuart’s Opera House. She will perform with her band The Rage on Sunday.

Rhonda Vincent started her musical career at the age of three. Little did she know that one day she would come to perform with names like Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson and Hank Williams Jr.

Now, she will be performing Sunday at Stuart’s Opera House, 52 Public Square, Nelsonville, at 3 p.m. However, it won’t be her first appearance there, as she has performed at the venue at least eight times in the past, Brian Koscho, the marketing director of Stuart’s Opera House, said.

“This is always a big show for us,” Koscho said in email. “Her fan base is a dedicated one and loves seeing her and the band live, so our audience responds very well to the show.”

He said some fans make attending her show at the opera house an “annual event.”

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="13062f7c-ba2b-11e5-abeb-132f4720c074"}}

The recipient of seven consecutive Female Vocalist of the Year awards from the International Bluegrass Music Association and over 40 awards total, Vincent is well-recognized outside of Nelsonville as well. After continuing her music career into her teenage years, mainly performing country music, she eventually made the shift to bluegrass.

After performing with her family in the The Sally Mountain Show as a child, Vincent learned the snare drum, guitar, mandolin and fiddle. Since 1987, her family has held the annual Sally Mountain Bluegrass Festival in Missouri.

Her accompanying band, The Rage, consists of five members: a fiddle player, a dobro player, a bass player, a banjo player and a guitarist.

Her show at the opera house is expected to sell out, Koscho said.

“This is always a big show for us,” he said in an email.

- Sarah Franks contributed to this report

@seanthomaswolfe

sw399914@ohio.edu