Ohio senior Addy Ferguson competes in the 100-yard butterfly event during a swim meet against Akron at the Ohio University Aquatic Center on Oct. 30. 

Swimming and Diving: Ohio to be tested in weekend meets

The Bobcats durability will be tested with two road meets in two days.

Two meets in a week can be strenuous to the body. Two meets in two days will give Ohio a real test with just one meet after this weekend before the Mid-American Conference Championships.

The Bobcats have a tri-meet Friday in Pittsburgh, facing Duquesne and Xavier, then travel to Buffalo on Saturday to face off against MAC foe, Buffalo.

Coach Rachel Komisarz-Baugh previously said she believes her team is a well-rounded group, and this weekend will test her praise. The butterfly group for the Bobcats will be a leading force.

“Our butterfliers, I think, are always our strength,” Komisarz-Baugh said.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="a82caf78-b98a-11e5-a759-a7b010207b7c"}}

Previously, the butterfly swimmers have led Ohio to a second-place finish in the University of Louisville Invitational and a win last week in its meet at Denison. But this is the first time the team will swim in consecutive meets in consecutive days.

On the diving side, a confident Bobcat diving unit will go in with redshirt senior Haleigh Bartlett leading the charge. Bartlett, winner of her last five 3-meter dives and her last three 1-meter dives, will use the diving board for the first time since being named MAC Diver of the Week on Jan. 12.

Diving coach Chelsea Ale has spoken highly of Bartlett throughout the duration of the season.

Ale says she believes Bartlett has a possibility of making it to the NCAA Championships, provided that she can stay healthy.

@t_rev_20

tc648714@ohio.edu

@spencerhobrock

sh690914@ohio.edu