Ohio women's basketball team celebrates when one of its teammate's scores during the Ohio vs. Willmington game Nov. 7, 2015. Ohio won 97-41. Ohio will face Northern Illinois on Saturday. 

Women's Basketball: Ohio looks to stay undefeated in the MAC against NIU

Ohio hopes to extend win streak to 10 and stay undefeated in the MAC.

The Ohio Bobcats are still hot. The winning streak is now nine, and the Bobcats have broken yet another program record under coach Bob Boldon: 6-0 in the Mid-American Conference.

Ohio (14-3, 6-0 MAC) looks to continue its win streak Saturday as it travels to DeKalb, Illinois to face Northern Illinois (8-9, 1-5 MAC).

Last game on Wednesday against Kent State, it wasn’t senior guard Kiyanna Black or junior guard Quiera Lampkins leading the team; it was senior forward Lexie Baldwin that led Ohio in scoring with 19 points in its 93-54 victory.

Baldwin’s sharp shooting isn’t surprising. In practice earlier in the week, she said she has been working on her shot.

Baldwin said her improved shooting came from Boldon and his new coaching staff working with her taking the shots she needs to take versus the shots she wants to take.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="01706ce4-bfdc-11e5-894e-83864a1ba475"}}

Baldwin and her team had what looked to be a very complete game; something that wasn’t the case prior to the Kent State game. Against Kent State, Ohio needed to find a way to be more defensively sound, and it was.

Ohio forced 25 turnovers and scored 48 points off those turnovers. It also had 12 steals. Kent State was held to 22 points in the second half.

Offensively, Ohio was just as strong spreading the scoring and getting 26 assists. It shot 51 percent from the field and 46 percent from three. Ohio hasn’t had a hard time shooting this season but has struggled a little bit with slowing offenses that like to penetrate to the basket.

Come Saturday, Ohio is looking to get its second straight win against Northern Illinois. And their win streak is also on the line.

@wynstonw_

ww773412@ohio.edu