Athens Police Department

Crime Solvers Anonymous requests information about serial assailant and a series of burglaries at restaurants

According to the news release, four restaurants have been broken into in Athens and Nelsonville.

Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous listed a series of related sex crimes and a string of break-ins as March 2016 crimes of the month in a news release Wednesday.

According to the release, the Athens Police Department is requesting information related to three sex crimes linked with DNA evidence.

The three incidents, which happened in 2006, June 2015 and Dec. 15, occurred under similar circumstances when college-aged women were walking home alone from the uptown Athens area, according to the release.

APD announced that the crimes had been linked in a January press conference, and APD has since received more than 80 tips for the case, according to previous Post reports.

The Nelsonville Police Department and APD are seeking information on a series of four burglaries of restaurants, according to the release.

The release listed the four incidents:

• Dynasty Restaurant in Athens, between Feb. 9 and 10
  • Rhapsody in Nelsonville, between Feb. 11 and 12
  • El Camino in Athens, between Feb. 12 and 13
  • OMG Rotisserie in Athens, between Feb. 19 and 20

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="ca4c9074-dbf3-11e5-83a4-ab015be6680d"}}

According to the release, similar items were taken from each location. The release does not indicate what items those were.

People with information regarding those or other crimes can call Crime Solvers Anonymous at 740-594-3331.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu