The Athena Cinema and the OU Harry Potter Alliance are teaming up during Sibs Weekend for a Harry Potter movie marathon. 

Get your 12-hour ticket to Hogwarts at The Athena Cinema

The Athena will host a ‘Harry Potter’ marathon alongside the OU Harry Potter Alliance.

To watch all eight Harry Potter films consecutively, it would take approximately 20 hours.

The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St., and the OU Harry Potter Alliance are teaming up for an evening full of magic.

Though The Athena is not dedicating an entire 20 hours to Harry Potter, it will host its first ever Harry Potter movie marathon showcasing the first four movies Saturday at noon.

For $15, people can purchase an all-day pass to watch the first four films, compete in Harry Potter trivia and a costume contest, Alexandra Kamody, the director for the Athena, said. The all-day pass allows audience members to come and go as they please. Those who want to pre-order tickets should do so at the Athena during business hours. There is also the option to pay $5 for each individual show, she added.

“We came up with the idea and wrote (to the organization),” Kamody said. “We were looking for something that would be friendly for all ages and unique.”

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="6000ed82-cab9-11e5-b3f1-6fbccc71f9a2"}}

Kamody said the Athena is looking to attract a lot of people with this event. The screenings are open to the public and students are encouraged to attend, she said.

“We were being contacted by one of the oldest establishments in Athens,” Aliza Ali, the philanthropy chair and one of the founders of the OU Harry Potter Alliance, said. “We were just genuinely pleased and humbled.”

Ali, a sophomore studying biochemistry and theology, said there will be Harry Potter-themed concessions. Jellybeans inspired by Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans will be sold — minus the vomit and earwax flavored ones. Because Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, the Alliance will be brewing an Amortentia potion — the strongest love potion in the wizarding world. Both of these Harry Potter-inspired refreshments will be served along with a bag of popcorn, Ali said.

The Harry Potter Alliance is also creating a list of trivia questions that will be asked directly following each movie. The questions are only about what is featured in the movies and can be answered even if someone has not read the books, Ali said. There will be three levels of difficulty — easy, medium and hard — and whoever answers the most correctly will win a prize, Ali added.

At the end of the night, the Harry Potter Alliance will choose a winner for the costume contest. Ali said the person who is “dedicated to dressing up” will receive a prize. Ali added that the contest will take place via social media. She said competitors will have to take a picture in a secret location within the theater, but they do not have to remain at the event for the full 12 hours.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="89f75c82-bc74-11e5-a3ef-e38df1498ec8"}}

Megan Robinson, a junior studying exercise physiology, said she and her best friend hosted their own Harry Potter marathon where they watched all eight films. The endeavor took two days.

“(Harry Potter) covers like a wide range of people,” Robinson said. “It’s different enough that everyone can get involved with it and relate to it.”

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu