Antonio Campbell goes up for a layup over a Kent State defender in Ohio’s game on Jan. 29, 2016. (FILE)

Men's Basketball: Antonio Campbell named MAC Player of the Week for second-straight week

Against Miami on Saturday, Campbell grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds to go along with his 16 points, making for his 14th double-double this season.

Ohio forward Antonio Campbell was named Mid-American Conference East Division Player of the Week for the second-straight week, the league announced Monday. 

Campbell joins guard Jaaron Simmons as the only two Ohio players to earn the recognition twice this season. 

Campbell helped the Bobcats to their fifth-straight win Saturday against Miami. He averaged about 25 points and 16 rebounds last week. 

Against Miami, Campbell grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds to go along with his 16 points, making for his 14th double-double this season.

The Cincinnati native recorded a career-high 33 points last Tuesday against Eastern Michigan to go along with his 11 rebounds. 

Campbell has been a staple for Ohio's recent surge in the MAC, averaging close to 20 points, 11 rebounds and a block during conference play. 

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="ae5f11a2-d59a-11e5-89c8-e76c9db3086e"}}

This season, he has led the Bobcats in scoring (456), rebounds (258) and blocks (39). Campbell also shoots 60 percent on the court.

Campbell and the Bobcats will travel to Bowling Green on Tuesday, looking to extend their five-game win streak. 

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu