Ohio forward Antonio Campbell tries to drive past Akron center Pat Forsythe in the second half of the game Feb. 4, 2015 at The Convo. 

Men's Basketball: Ohio's Antonio Campbell named MAC East Player of the Week

Campbell is coming off one of the best weeks of his career, averaging 27 points and 13 rebounds per game during Ohio's two road wins against Ball State and Buffalo last week.

Ohio forward Antonio Campbell was named Mid-American Conference East Player of the Week by YP.com, the league announced Monday. 

It's the first weekly honor in Campbell's career. He joins Jaaron Simmons as the only two players for Ohio to be named MAC East Player of the Week this season.

Last week, Campbell, a Cincinnati native, also garnered a block and an assist on 70 percent shooting. Against Ball State on Tuesday, Campbell scored 26 points and had 10 rebounds. He added 28 points and 15 rebounds during Ohio's 94-75 blowout win over Buffalo on Friday.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="bd1eba14-d408-11e5-86bb-730a00ae5895"}}

In 24 games this season, Campbell leads the Bobcats in scoring with an average of 17 points per game and a 59 shooting percentage. He also leads Ohio with 10 rebounds and 12 double-doubles this season. 

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu