Post Haste

Post Haste: Get excited for a new Harry Potter book; OU-HCOM tuition is likely on the rise

It'll come out this summer. 

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Thursday, Feb. 11, 2016:

Harry Potter fans received good news yesterday: the script of the upcoming play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Part I & II, will be published as a book July 31.

Potter author J.K. Rowling announced on Twitter last June that Cursed Child would be an original story by Rowling, writer Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany, and would premiere in London in 2016.

“The eighth story. Nineteen years later” will premiere on London’s West End, according to Pottermore, on July 30 and the script book will be published, according to CNN, by Little, Brown Book Group on July 31, which is — you guessed it — the birthday of J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter, the boy who lived.

Cursed Child is a sequel to the original Harry Potter books and focuses on Harry’s second son, Albus Severus.

The script book will be a Special Rehearsal Edition — the version of the play script at the time of preview performances. In theater, previews allow for necessary changes to be made before opening night.

The Special Rehearsal Edition will eventually be replaced with the final script in a Definitive Collector’s Edition.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

The snow is finally over. High of 23. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• Looks like the tuition for OU-HCOM is on the rise. (The Post)

• OU is seeking the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by a former OUPD officer. (The Post)

• The Ohio House just voted to defund Planned Parenthood. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

The softball team was just picked to win the MAC. Also, it looks like OU will have a club football team playing in Peden next spring.

You might also want to know …

Carly Fiorina and Chris Christie each dropped out of the GOP presidential nomination campaign yesterday. (CNBC)

The City of Cleveland is asking Tamir Rice’s family to pay for emergency services used the day he died. (Cleveland.com)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens Bar Specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $2.50 well drinks. $2.50 Cali Boy and Vegas Bombs

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 domestic, $3 Jameson, $2.50 Long Islands from 4-9 p.m.

@erindavoran

ed414911@ohio.edu