Headshot via Ohio Athletics

Women's Golf: Hrynewich's strong final round aids Ohio

Hailey Hrynewich's strong final round landed Ohio a 12th place finish in Arizona.

Hailey Hrynewich was one of only two golfers who finished their final round under par at the Rio Verde Invitational in Rio Verde, Arizona, over the weekend.

The strong performance from Hrynewich helped the Bobcats finish tied for 12th place.

After shooting a 77 and a 75 in the first two rounds, Hyrnewich, a junior from Muskegon, Michigan, recorded a career-low score of one-under (71), which included no bogies, Sunday.

It was obvious she was comfortable with the par-three 16th hole. Hrynewich had two of her four birdies for the weekend on the 16th.

She finished the tournament with a score of 223 (+7), which placed her 11th overall.

Angela Codian, a senior from Massillon, also had a strong finish to the tournament, shooting a final-round 76 (+4) after two 75s to start the weekend, consistent enough to place her 28th overall.

In the final round, Ohio shot a 19-over par 307 as a team, finishing with a three day score of 914 (+50). Ohio tied with Bowling Green. 

Toledo won the tournament by 11 strokes, finishing with a weekend total score of 885 (+21).

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="15a55d28-d4d6-11e5-a896-07e3f4d43540"}}

Ohio will have a small break in action. It returns to the course March 20-22 in Sorrento, Florida, for the MSU Spring Citrus Challenge.

@spencerholbrook

sh690914@ohio.edu