Police Blotter

Crimes Of The Month: Crime Solvers Anonymous requests information about connected sex crimes and multiple restaurant burglaries

More than two months since the investigation began, the Athens Police Department is still requesting any information related to three sex crimes linked with DNA evidence.

Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous included a series of sexual crimes and multiple restaurant break-ins in its April crimes of the month in a news release Wednesday.

More than two months since the investigation began, the Athens Police Department is still requesting any information related to three sex crimes linked with DNA evidence.

The three incidents, which occurred in 2006 and in June and December 2015, took place under similar circumstances when college-aged women were walking home alone from the uptown Athens area, according to the release.

APD announced that the crimes were linked in a press conference in January, according to a previous Post report.

The department is seeking information on the suspect, who is described as a white male in his late 20s to early 30s, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9 inches and weighing approximately 160 pounds, according to the release.

“If you have any information related to these two incidents or know the identity of the suspect, please provide it to the Athens Police Department,” the release states.

The Athens and Nelsonville Police Departments are requesting information about multiple incidents where restaurants were broken into that appear to be related.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="8fb63dcc-f5d2-11e5-9d63-3f99c60cf557"}}

The release listed five incidents, with the most recent one taking place at the new Athens restaurant, Mr. Taco, 122 W. Union St. According to the release, the following restaurants were "forcibly entered:"

• Dynasty Restaurant in Athens, between Feb. 9 and 10

• Rhapsody in Nelsonville, between Feb. 11 and 12

• El Camino in Athens, between Feb. 12 and 13

• OMG Rotisserie in Athens, between Feb. 19 and 20

• Mr. Taco in Athens, Feb. 20

All the locations had similar items taken, but the release does not indicate what items those were.

Crime Solvers Anonymous is offering a $2,000 cash reward for information on both crimes if that information leads to arrest or indictment of the person responsible.

Anyone with information is asked to call (740) 594-3331.

@AlxMeyer

am095013@ohio.edu