Emma Ockerman

From The Editor's Desk: Join ‘The Post’ for an exciting, innovative year

‘Post’ editor Emma Ockerman invites anyone to join The Post for the 2016-17 academic year, which will be an exciting time in the news outlet’s hundred-year history

It’s cliche to say I’m both honored and humbled to know I’ll serve as The Post’s editor-in-chief for another academic year, but here goes: I’m totally honored, humbled, excited, anxious and, most importantly, ready to take on a historic year in The Post’s legacy.

Now, I just need a team of editors, writers, designers, photographers, copy editors, developers and social media mavens who feel about the same.

Because The Post will transition to a print-weekly format next semester and unveil a newly-designed website, it’s critical that our staff be forward-thinking, innovation-driven and inspired to reinvent college media on Ohio University’s campus. That may sound like a lofty task, but it’s the most fun job requirement I can think of  think outside the box, and see the results of your drive on thepostathens.com every day and in a tabloid each week.

The Post is currently seeking applicants from all backgrounds and skill levels for the following positions:

• Managing editor

• Digital managing editor

• Creative director

• Assistant managing editor

• Senior writer

• Opinion editor

• Art director

• Graphics director

• Director of photography

• Culture editor

• Sports editor

• News editor

• Digital production editor

• Blogs editor

• Social media director

• Multimedia editor

For those interested in applying, please contact me as soon as possible.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="bacba948-dbdd-11e5-81a6-ab6fdd7307c8"}}

Formal applications for executive roles such as managing editor, digital managing editor and creative director are due as soon as March 13. For all other positions, applications will be due between March 16 and March 22, depending on the role. For more information on when applications are due, please check out thepostathens.com (if you’re reading this in print), or email me directly.

Of course, we’re also seeking anyone interested in a non-editor role. Now would be an excellent time to join our team as a reporter, designer, blogger, columnist, photographer, developer, designer, digital staff member or copy editor. If you don’t see a role here you’re interested in, feel free to pitch one to us. Your ideas are valued.

Emma Ockerman is a junior studying journalism and editor-in-chief of The Post. Thinking of joining The Post? Excellent. Email her at eo300813@ohio.edu or tweet her at @eockerman.