Ohio's Michael Harris collides with Eastern Michigan's Zack Mlady to get the puck on Saturday. Ohio University won the game against Eastern Michigan University 9-1 and remain undefeated. 

Hockey: Michael Harris signs with Dayton Demolition

The former captain of the Bobcats will play his first game with the FHL team Friday against the Berlin River Drivers.

Ohio senior forward Michael Harris has signed a contract with the Dayton Demolition of the Federal Hockey League.

The former captain of the Bobcats scored 20 goals and 20 assists for Ohio in 38 games played.

Ohio lost in the first round of the ACHA playoffs last weekend against Lebanon Valley.

Harris said Tuesday that he’ll only play home games for the team, but this weekend is an exception, as he’ll travel on the road with the Demolition.

“I would say (he’s) a big, strong power forward with good puck possession skills,”  Ohio coach Sean Hogan said when asked about his recruiting pitch to teams about Harris. “A pro shot for sure, great work ethic and good habits.”

Harris is from Silver Spring, Maryland, and played junior hockey in the North American Hockey League for the Fresno Monsters.

The FHL began in its operations in 2010, and currently holds six teams, including the Demolition. It is a minor league hockey league, operated without direct affiliation with the NHL.

It’s a “Class A Minor League” and is a step below the East Coast Hockey League and the American Hockey league, which are direct feeders to the NHL.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="0f6c815c-e377-11e5-9c76-3f24755c0201"}}

The Demolition are coached by interim coach Joe Pace Sr., who is also the general manager of the club. Dayton is currently fifth in the league with 42 points, compiling a record of 10-24-4.

Harris’ first game will be Friday on the road against the Berlin River Drivers, a team from Berlin, New Hampshire.

@AGill072

ag079513@ohio.edu