Ohio coach Saul Phillips yells during a time out during a game against the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in The Convo on March 21. Ohio won 72-67 after consistently trailing behind UNCG. Ohio opens their season this Saturday against Southern. (FILE)

Men's Basketball: Ohio-Morehead State matchup slated for CBI Final Four

Ohio averages the most points of the four teams left in the invitational.

The Bobcats don't want their season to end, even if they won't admit it.

Despite coming out sluggish in the first two games of the College Basketball Invitational, someone has sparked the Bobcats to their final four appearance each game. 

First it was Treg Setty's 30-point heroism during an overtime win over Albany. Then it was Jordan Dartis' clutch 3-pointer Monday to help Ohio scrape by North Carolina Greensboro.

Now, who will step up when Ohio (23-11) plays Morehead State (21-12) Wednesday night in The Convo? Honestly, any Bobcat has the ability to and electrify the home crowd. 

"I think it's pretty clear that deep down in their hearts, this team really wants it," Ohio coach Saul Phillips said. "We made the right plays down the stretch to continue the season."

Ohio is a band of players who bring a varying offensive attack.

Antonio Campbell could matchup with Morehead State's Anthony Elechi and has waited for his turn to dominate. Campbell, the MAC Player of the Year, is coming off a "quiet" night, or a night where he notched 17 points and 19 rebounds. 

Jaaron Simmons, who broke D.J. Cooper's season assist record (268) Monday, seems to have taken over as of late. He scored 11 points in Ohio's 25-5 run. 

Shooters Gavin Block and Kenny Kaminksi have yet to have their "shining moment" this postseason, and are just waiting for their moment. 

That's what makes the Bobcats one of the most dangerous offenses in this year's invitational. 

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="6d261120-efd2-11e5-8244-93e8d38e8189"}}

The Bobcats have averaged 83 points per game so far in the invitational, which is the highest of teams left in the bracket. 

In short, though, Ohio will have to rely on depth going into Wednesday. Morehead State will, too. 

The Eagles have eight players that average six or more points per game this season. Five of those average eight or more. 

Morehead State has won nine of its previous 10 games. The team is coached by Sean Woods. 

Morehead State is coming off an 82-72 win over Duquesne on Monday night. Brent Arrington led the Eagles with 17 points at Johnson Arena. 

"I've played Morehead State before. They hit you in the mouth early," Phillips said. "So hopefully we'll wake up a little bit earlier."

Tipoff is at 7 p.m. 

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu